Frequently Asked Questions
There are many garage doors available for installation at Express Garage Door. And some of them are–
- Sectional garage doors – Each panel of our sectional garage doors is supported by a vertical track, and the edge wheels move as the door opens and closes.
- Roll-Up Garage Doors – The steel panels of our garage doors get rolled up and inserted into the top of the door’s spring-loaded slide making it more appropriate for smaller garages.
- Carriage House Style Garage Doors – Our swing-out garage doors work best with carriage-style garage door designs giving your house a timeless appearance.
- Tilt-Up Garage Doors – Our tilt-up garage doors tilt up when they open and enter your garage and don’t have any sections, unlike sectional and slide-to-the-side garage doors. They tilt up when they open and enter your garage.
- Side-hinged Garage Doors – Our garage doors with side hinges consist of a hinged frame that swings open from the middle, either on the left or right.
The types of garage openers available for installation in Fort Worth are as follows–
- Chain Drive garage opener – The chain-drive opener is one of the most widely used types of garage door openers which raises your garage door using a metal chain. These garage openers cost between $31.49 and $422 per opener in Fort Worth.
- Belt Drive garage opener – Similar to chain drive products, our belt drive garage door openers lower and raise the door using a rubber belt rather than a chain. Depending on the model, prices range from $150 to $349 per belt drive opener.
- Jackshaft garage door opener – The jackshaft openers do not rely on an external chain or belt rail; instead, they get mounted directly to the overhead sectional door’s torsion tube. In general, jackshaft garage door openers cost between $46.99 and $559.00 each, depending on the model.
- Screw Drive- To open and close the door, screw-driven garage door openers use a metal rod that will get the most power and fastest operating speeds for your garage doors. The prices range from $350 to $650 per model.
In Fort Worth the cost of replacing different types of garage door panels are –
|Garage Door Panels (Door Type)||
Replacement Cost (per panel)
|Sectional Garage Doors||
|Roll-Up Garage Doors||
|Tilt-Up/Up and Over Canopy Garage Doors||
|Tilt-Up/Up and Over Retractable Garage Doors||
|Slide to the Side Garage Doors||
|Side-Hinged Garage Doors||
Yes garage door frame replacement is also available at Express Garage Door with garage door installation services. Some of the different types of frames and their features are as follows–
|Garage Door Frame Types||Features|
|Vinyl Garage Door Frames||
|Wood Garage Door Frames||
|PVC Cladding for existing Garage Door Frames||
Note: You might need to pay extra for the frame replacement depending on the type of frame you want to use for your door.
You must get your professional garage door serviced twice a year. Despite this, regular inspections are a great way to find out if there are any sudden problems with your garage door. While checking your garage door, we recommend you to–
- Test the opener
- Tighten any hardware
- Clean any tracks
- Lubricate metal hinge and pivot points
By doing this, you will extend the lifespan of your garage door and garage door springs. A properly maintained garage door springs usually have a lifespan of seven years if they are maintained properly.
Garage door repairs generally take between five and six hours, depending on how extensive the repairs are. Realigning misaligned tracks, replacing broken springs, and repairing opener parts are some examples of repairs. On the other hand, an average garage door replacement takes four to six hours, i.e., if the replacement is compatible with the existing structure.
Yes, we have overhead garage doors for commercial properties at Express Garage Doors. Our overhead garage doors are —
- Superior insulated, making your garage more usable during inclement weather.
- Incredibly secure making it difficult for the intruder to access your garage.
- Durable, low-maintenance, high-quality overhead doors enhance your home value.
- Declines the strain in your existing HVAC system, making your door more weatherproof.
In Fort Worth, the average cost of additional garage door repairs, including materials and labor, ranges from $260 to $2,300 (per project). If garage doors need to be replaced or installed, you may also need to pay for materials (springs, openers, rollers, cables, etc.) and labor. Charges for additional services include:
- Garage door spring repair costs between $95 and $290/spring.
- Garage door roller replacement costs range from $85 to $200/ roller.
- Garage door openers cost between $100 and $190/opener.
- Garage door cable costs between $85 to $200/cable.
The average minimum labor fee for extra garage door repairs is between $70 and $100 (per hour) and $1200 in total for a project.
At Express Garage Door, we immediately respond to any service calls for commercial garage door repair/replacement services. But during busy hours, we might take a little time to respond. However, we provide 24/7 emergency service around-the-clock, prioritizing immediate response to our clients.
Yes! It is true that we offer emergency garage door repair services at Express Garage Door in Fort Worth. Problems with garage doors can arise unexpectedly and inconveniently. Some of the basic garage door emergency services offered by Express Garage Door are:
- Broken spring, broken drive gear, and broken trolley.
- The garage door is stuck due to a broken safety sensor.
- Mechanical emergencies like broken gears and misalignment.
- Remote control issue – preventing access to storage capacity.
We are available 24/7 for immediate assistance in case of garage door emergencies in Fort Worth.
Yes, at Express Garage Door, we provide custom garage door services in Fort Worth. You can customize the garage doors to meet your specific requirements, add greater insulation and security, and meet your unique architectural needs. You can connect with us for custom garage door services in Fort Worth!
Yes, we sell insulated and energy-efficient garage doors at Express Garage Door. These doors help to control the temperature in your garage, improving comfort and resulting in energy savings and noise reduction. When a heavy object strikes an insulated garage door, it has a lower chance of reverberating since it has a higher R-value. Hence, minor dents or bumps won’t harm your garage door when insulated.
If you want to keep your garage door in good shape for a long time, be sure to follow these tips:
- Check and lubricate moving components like hinges, rollers, and tracks regularly.
- Maintain a clean and obstruction-free track.
- Check the door’s balance and adjust the spring tension if necessary.
- Check cables for wear indicators and replace them as necessary.
- Check the weatherstripping for any damage and replace it as necessary.
- If the end of your garage door is fading, repaint or refinish the door.
- Schedule routine professional inspections for early detection of potential problems.
Your garage door maintenance should always come first. Whenever needed, we provide hassle-free planned maintenance for our customers!
Yes, the technicians at Express Garage Doors have occupational licenses, with insurance coverage. All of our technicians have occupational licenses that guarantee their expertise, and insurance protects them from potential injuries or harm during garage door repair/replacement operations.